Yes, Hawaiian sunscreen is good for the face as long as you choose a product that is specifically formulated for facial use and suits your skin type.
And now, more closely
Hawaiian sunscreen can indeed be good for the face, but it is important to choose the right product for your skin type. Sunscreens that are specifically formulated for facial use tend to be lighter and less greasy than those made for the body, and they typically come with added skincare benefits such as antioxidants and moisturizers.
According to dermatologist Dr. David Bank, “Everyone should use a facial sunscreen daily, regardless of skin color or time of year.” The sun’s UVA and UVB rays can cause premature aging, sunburn, and even skin cancer, so protecting your skin from these harmful rays should be a top priority.
When selecting a facial sunscreen, consider your skin type. If you have dry skin, look for a product with added moisturizers like hyaluronic acid or ceramides. If you have oily or acne-prone skin, opt for a lightweight, non-comedogenic formula that won’t clog pores. And if you have sensitive skin, choose a product that is fragrance-free and hypoallergenic.
Here are some interesting facts about sunscreen and skin protection:
- The concept of sunscreen dates back to ancient Egypt, where people used a mix of rice bran and jasmine to protect their skin from the sun’s rays.
- The first modern sunscreen was invented in the 1930s by chemist Franz Greiter, who was inspired to create a product that would protect skiers from the harsh Alpine sun.
- The SPF (sun protection factor) rating system was developed in 1962 by Austrian scientist Franz Pfeiffer, who measured how long it took for skin to burn with and without sunscreen.
- The American Cancer Society recommends using a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30, and reapplying it every two hours or after swimming or sweating.
- Along with using sunscreen, other ways to protect your skin from the sun include wearing protective clothing, seeking shade during peak hours, and avoiding tanning beds.
In summary, while Hawaiian sunscreen can be good for the face, it is important to choose a product that is suited to your skin type and provides adequate protection from the sun’s harmful rays. And as celebrity dermatologist Dr. Howard Murad reminds us, “Sunscreen is like an insurance policy for your skin – the only way to ensure you’re fully protected is to use it every day.”
Here’s a table summarizing some popular Hawaiian brand sunscreens suitable for facial use:
|Alba Botanica||Hawaiian Facial Sunscreen||All||30|
|Maui Babe||Sunscreen Lotion||Normal/Dry||30|
|Hawaiian Sol||Face & Neck Sunscreen||All||40|
|Banana Boat||Simply Protect Sunscreen Lotion||Sensitive||50|
|Sun Bum||Clear Zinc Face Sunscreen||Oily/Acne-prone||50|
Answer in video
In this YouTube video, the reviewer discusses four Hawaiian Tropic sunscreens, including the Matte Effect, a translucent broad-spectrum formula, the Shine Skin Nourishing Milk, and the Mineral Skin Nourishing Milk. The review notes that the Matte Effect may not be suitable for sensitive skin and is highly fragrant. The Hawaiian Tropic Mineral Skin Nourishing Milk is a new release and is an all-mineral sunscreen that is non-greasy and leaves no white cast. The reviewer tests out the sunscreens on her face and finds them to be too shiny and accentuate wrinkles. She recommends the hybrid sunscreen be used on the body and that viewers apply sunscreen regularly.
See additional response choices
The Hawaiian Tropic drugstore bargain SPF rated highly for many attributes in GH Beauty Lab evaluations, earning perfect scores for not drying or irritating skin. It ranked high for easily absorbing, not feeling tacky or oily on skin, having a pleasant aroma and rinsing off effortlessly.
Luckily, the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Weightless Sunscreen Face Lotion checks all boxes. Not only does it go on smooth and lightweight and dry without any residue, but it actually keeps my skin dewy and hydrated all day long. It doesn’t clog my pores or make me break out, and you get all this at a really wallet-friendly price.
A winning drugstore face sunscreen in GH Beauty Lab testing, Hawaiian Tropic leaves skin with a shine-free matte finish. Lab evaluations found the formula doesn’t irritate skin, run into eyes, or leave a white cast. True to its tropical name, testers loved the pleasant "not chemical" coconut scent.
Furthermore, people are interested
- Best Overall: EltaMD UV Sport Broad Spectrum SPF 50, $30.
- Best Drugstore: Sun Bum Face 50, $13.
- Best for Everyday: Avène Solaire UV Mineral Multi-Defense Sunscreen Fluid SPF 50+, $34.
- Best Antiaging: La Roche-Posay Anthelios Mineral Ultra-Light Face Sunscreen SPF 50, $37.