Use a lightweight moisturizer and drink plenty of water to keep skin hydrated in summer.
Continue reading for more information
During summer, the heat and humidity can cause our skin to become dehydrated, making it important to moisturize properly. A lightweight moisturizer that is water-based, oil-free or gel-based is recommended.
In addition to using the right moisturizer, drinking plenty of water is a crucial step in keeping skin hydrated during summertime. As famed nutritionist Dr. Howard Murad says, “Water is the most important ingredient for hydrating the skin.”
Here are some additional tips and interesting facts on how to moisturize your face in summer:
- Avoid moisturizers with heavy oils, as they can clog pores and cause breakouts.
- Sunscreen is a must! Moisturizers with SPF are available, making it easy to protect your face from the sun’s harsh rays while hydrating the skin at the same time.
- If you are going to be in the sun for an extended period, reapply sunscreen every two hours to ensure your face stays protected and hydrated.
- Aloe vera is a natural moisturizer that can help soothe and hydrate sunburned skin. Consider keeping an aloe vera plant in your home for summertime use.
- Foods that are high in water content, such as watermelon and cucumbers, can also help keep your skin hydrated from the inside out.
To further illustrate the importance of hydrating your skin in summer, here is a table comparing the effects of hydrated versus dehydrated skin:
|Hydrated skin||Dehydrated skin|
|plump and supple||dull and sallow|
|fewer wrinkles and fine lines||more wrinkles and fine lines|
|even complexion||patchy and uneven complexion|
|healthy glow||dry and flaky|
|better makeup application||patchy and cakey makeup|
Remember, moisturizing is key for healthy, glowing skin all year round, but it is especially important during the summer months. Stay hydrated, use a lightweight moisturizer, and enjoy healthy, beautiful skin this summer!
See a video about the subject.
The video highlights the importance of skincare during summer and presents four natural DIY remedies for moisturizing and repairing the skin. These remedies include a face mist made with natural oils and essential oils, a summer pack made from orange peel or flower petals, honey, and rose water, a moisturizing scrub with rice flour and curd or coconut milk and rose water, and a DIY sunscreen using natural ingredients. The video emphasizes that these remedies are safe for all skin types and encourages viewers to take care of themselves and feel happy and confident.
In addition, people ask
- Drink enough water.
- Use hyaluronic acid.
- Use a gel-based moisturiser.
- Use matte sunscreen.
- Whip Up an Olive Oil Moisturizer to Soothe Dry Skin.
- DIY a Rich, Creamy Avocado Mask.
- 3. Make a Natural Coconut Oil and Sugar Scrub.
- Create an Easy Oatmeal Soak to Calm Your Skin.
- Exfoliate Your Face With a Homemade Oatmeal Honey Mask.
- Apply Coconut Oil Before Bedtime.
|Best Face Moisturizer For Oily Skin||Price|
|Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid||Rs 358|
|Facial Moisturizer||Rs 5,479|
|Forest Essentials Hydrating Facial Moisturiser||Rs 1,375|
|Neutriderm Moisturising Lotion||Rs 1,000|